You can extend the life of your jewellery piece, if you follow these tips:
- First things first, keep your jewellery in a proper box and do not just keep them anywhere and everywhere.
- Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off.
- Make it a thumb rule to remove all sorts of artificial jewellery like earrings or rings before you head to shower or any sort of activity that involves dealing with water. If you keep on doing it, your jewellery will rust within a short span of time.
- You should keep your jewellery away from chemicals and all kind of perfume because if you spray it on the accessory it will cause the color of the jewellery to fade out.
- Make sure to remove your artificial hair accessory, bangles or rings when using a hairspray.
- Do not wash dishes or do laundry with your jewellery on, because cleaning products that come in contact with your beautiful jewellery can damage its finish.
- Avoid keeping separate kinds of jewellery together, reason being, it may cause the other to break.
- You must store your every jewellery piece in the plastic zip up bags or velvet pouches separately, doing this will save them from getting tangled and from air exposure as well.
- Wearing some accessory for the whole day drenches the particular in sweat and because of that, it acts as a warm home for bacteria and infections. To avoid such scenario, you should clean your jewellery from time to time.
- If you have sensitive skin, please remember to always remove jewellery items, specially piercing items, before going to bed.
- You must always make it a habit to clean the jewellery piece before putting it back to its place.